The original definitions of the words “body-building” and “figure-sculpturing” are all about building your body the way you want. It’s not necessarily just about building massive arms. The trick of getting a beautiful body is to make it well-balanced overall. You can really change your appearance by targeting particular muscles. Harmony and balance are what make your body look nearly perfect.
We at Bright Side selected one of the most effective workouts for different muscles and can’t wait to show our selection to our readers.
1. Legs — quadriceps
The quadriceps are one of the largest and strongest muscle groups. They cover the front and sides of the thigh and play the main role in basically all activities that involve legs, walking, running, and even standing.
One of the most effective workouts that targets the quadriceps is the sumo squat. You can do it with a bar, a kettlebell, or just bodyweight, depending on your strength.
- Start standing with your feet about 10 inches wider than shoulder-width.
- Point your toes at about a 45° angle.
- Bend your knees, sticking your butt back like you’re sitting down.
- Lower your hips until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Your knees should move toward your toes.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Pressing on your heels, stand up, keeping your back straight.
2. Legs — hamstring
The hamstrings are another large leg muscle group that are located on the back of your leg, from the thigh to the knee. One of the most powerful workouts for this area is the deadlift. You can do it with a bar, a kettlebell, or dumbbells, depending on your strength. Unlike the squat, this exercise is more about leaning forward, than going down. Make sure that you keep your back straight the entire time.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Engage the core and grab a weight if you use any.
- Slightly bend your knees so they are not locked.
- Lean forward, moving the weight down.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 times.