Eagle pose stretches the back of the shoulders (deltoids) and the upper part of the back.
- Reach your arms out to each side and then cross them in front of you, left elbow over the right elbow and hands pointing toward the sky.
- If you can’t wrap your wrists so that your palms meet, place each hand on the opposite shoulder instead and tuck your chin toward your chest. Lift your elbows so that your upper arms are parallel to the floor.
- Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat the exercise after changing the position of your hands.
The 90, 90 stretches your deltoids and pectoral muscles.
- Stand in a doorway, hold your arms up so your elbows are at a 90º angle and your arms form a 90º angle to your body at the shoulder.
- Straighten your back and step with one foot forward. Lean forward.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds. Repeat 2-3 times.